Wheels of Hope - Volunteer Driving Program
To be eligible you must have a cancer diagnosis and be undergoing cancer treatment at a hospital or cancer centre. Patients must also be able to get in and out of the vehicle independently, or with the assistance of a Mandatory escort/caregiver. Patients under the age of 18 must travel with a guardian/escort. A minimum of three business days notice is required when requesting rides. Cancer patients that had treatment within the last 12 months from the time of registration will now be eligible to register. This will now include patients who are in active treatment and require follow-up.
The Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) is thrilled to announce that the Wheels of Hope (WOH) Volunteer Driving Program has now resumed services across Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario.
Registration and trip requests can be taken with 3 business days’ notice to book a trip.
- Clients will need to register for WOH through a member of their treatment team.
- Referrals for eligible clients will be sent via fax to WOH, and a member of the transportation team will contact the client within 1 business day to complete registration.
• Client resides in Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba
• Referred by a member of their healthcare team with client permission
• Has received a cancer diagnosis
• Is receiving treatment for cancer
• Has no other means of transportation available
• Annual $100 registration fee paid, with compassionate program available if they are unable
PLEASE CONTACT 1-888-939-3333 FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Canadian Cancer Society’s Wheels of Hope Transportation Program provides people living with cancer rides to and from their cancer treatment appointments. Dedicated volunteer drivers donate their time and use their own (or Society owned) vehicles to help people living with cancer get to the hospital or cancer centre. New patients who register are required to pay an annual registration fee. Patients under the age of 18 are exempt.