Priority is given to an independent person who lives outside the city and requires cancer treatment in Montreal. A companion can also be accommodated depending on availability. There is a possibility of accommodation for an affected person living in Montreal and the surrounding area, as well as for a loved one who accompanies a hospitalized person receiving treatments in Montreal, depending on availability. All exceptional cases must be referred to the House coordinator.
The Jacques-Cantin lodge is right beside the Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital. It is close to public transportation (the Assomption metro station is just a few minutes away) and major roads. The lodge is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except some statutory holidays).
Bed linens, pillows, towels and washcloths are provided in our 3 types of rooms:
- semi-private rooms have 2 single beds, a divider curtain for greater privacy and an attached bathroom with shower
- private rooms have a double bed and sofa (the bathroom with shower is shared with another private room)
- private with companion rooms (which you can share with a family member or caregiver) have 2 single beds and an attached private bathroom with a shower and bath
Our lodge charges a nominal fee of $30 per bed per night to people with cancer, $50 per bed per night for caregivers and $80 per bed per night for other clients. Our prices include 3 meals and 2 snacks.
The following are available to our guests:
- dining room
- games room
- exercise room
- TV rooms
- outdoor patio
- laundry room
- limited parking spaces reserved for 20 minutes or less, limited free parking is available on the street and paid parking is available next door.
- free Wi-Fi
To make your stay as pleasant as possible, we offer:
- meals and snacks
- recreational activities (massages, bingo, movie nights, arts and crafts workshops, and cultural outings)
- volunteer-led shuttle program to help you get to and from medical appointments
- wig and breast prosthesis services
- wellness and supportive care programs such as art, music, nutrition sessions